Tuesday 3 August 2010

Hill running and my new TRX

Hello to all of you training for life out there. This month I have a new toy the TRX which is fantastic for building in strength but with fun. Pat one of my clients (who I am sure wouldn’t mind me saying) is the fine age of 82yrs had her first try with the TRX last week and loved it. Another client whose identity will remain a secret said it was one of the hardest workouts they had ever had but loved it. So there you have it whether old or young in years the TRX can adapt to whatever your needs.



Another advantage of the TRX is that it is so light I can carry it and then use it for the odd boot camp run and workout as I can strap it to a tree or fixed post, workouts just got more creative

As functional piece of equipment I have a slight unease about it but you can take away some of the support when the move becomes too easy, by not using total upper support, but it is fun and brings smiles on my clients faces so as a tool used every now and then its fine. Have a look at the clip above
 So I am back to my hill running be it slow and I have just invested some Inov8 running shoes. They are very light and give a feeling of running barefoot which as you know I love. Great grip on wet grass and with enough support on tricky rocky surfaces, so again check out the inov8 web site. Joe Browns in Llanberis is the nearest stockist. The clip below is my video of the run enjoy it as the sun came out every now and then. Keep moving you know it makes sense.


The start from Llanberis towards Nant Peris


up the Zig Zags


Coming down the hill too the other lake heading back to Llanberis


Back in Llanberis in time for a cup of coffee, whoopie.!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment